Les Prairies de la Mer, an idyllic address in the Bay of Saint Tropez
Riviera Villages, with three campsites around the Bay of Saint Tropez, among the most luxury establishments in the region, is a brand that counts in the French high-end camping and caravanning industry. No doubt that a stay on 5-star campsite Les Prairies de la Mer, one of its three jewels by the sea, in Port Grimaud, will convince you...
The must of camping in the Bay of Saint Tropez
Les Prairies de la Mer lies in the heart of a beautifully landscaped 30-acres wooded park, one of the most beautiful campsites in the Var. More than a campsite, this outdoor establishment can be defined as a holiday village, a "Resort" by the sea, boasting a direct access to the beach and equipped with the most comfortable rental accommodations in the market.
From les Prairies de la Mer it only takes a few minutes on foot to reach the centre of Port Grimaud, lakeside city. The campsite features approximately 1,500 pitches on its property, of which 90% is occupied by high-end mobile homes and other rental lodgings. The remaining 10% are pitches for 'real' camping and on these surfaces of 80 m² you can install a caravan or a camper. They are by the way all equipped with a connection to the electricity grid.
As for the rentals, which represent a very large part of the offer of les Prairies de la Mer, they are mostly implanted closer to the beach. Some of them even have an open terrace to the beach, enjoying idyllic views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Gulf of Saint Tropez.
Although there is a substantial number of "classic" accommodations, ranging from simple bungalows to the most luxury mobile home, this establishment is mainly equipped with more or less unusual rentals. These modern and comfortable rentals promise its residents an unusual and exotic experience in Port Grimaud. Among these, we can mention the "Farés", Polynesian straw lodges, implanted in a premium district, bordered by rivers and artificial lagoons, or the "Roka Lodge", more luxurious than the aforementioned and a wise combination of high-quality materials and the latest equipments...
Tourists staying on this 5-star campsite in the Var can enjoy no less than five restaurants and a snack.
The name of the "Canopy Skybar" has been wisely chosen, as it caresses the tops of the surrounding trees, overlooking the beach and enjoying breathtaking views of the Gulf of Saint Tropez. It is a very elegant and friendly place where guests can share a drink with family or friends around home-made cocktails and composed dishes.
The "Long Bar", located in the centre of the campsite, hosts performances and broadcasts major events and other summer concerts programmed by les Prairies de la Mer, the whole in a felty, colourful decoration and a friendly and playful atmosphere. You can also savour succulent tapas on its semi-shady terrace.
Three other restaurants, the "Sun", the "Manava Plage" and "Les Pieds dans l'eau", can be found on the private beach of this establishment in Saint-Tropez.
Finally, the "Pic Nic", a real British counter, is a snack bar serving specialities of the Kingdom of England in record time. You can taste fish & chips and other English breakfast dishes on the spot or you can take it out.
Like a real village of the Côte d'Azur, we find in this establishment, in addition to its restaurants, various shops and stores providing great service to the residents; a grocery store, a store with beach items, a hairdresser, a beauty salon, etc. The campsite even has its own nightclub, "The Odissey Night-Club" and a mini funfair to the delight of the youngest.
And for a well-being holiday on les Prairies de la Mer, there's nothing nicer than a stay in the "Keilani Fitness & Spa", a magical place where residents come to recharge, relax, and unwind...
For an unforgettable holiday in Port Grimaud
With its private beach, its high-end accommodations and quality equipments, this luxury camping is one of the most popular addresses in Port Grimaud. Nicknamed the Provençal Venice because of its many canals and marina, this lakeside city is also one of the oldest villages in the massif of the Maures. Since 2002 classified as heritage of the 20th century, Port Grimaud is nowadays a beach resort on the Côte d'Azur where tourist activities proliferate and where life is good.
The beach bordering les Prairies de la Mer welcomes for example a nautical base and a diving school, offering tourists the opportunity to discover one of the fourteen shipwrecks that litter the depths of the Bay of Saint Topez.
Around Port Grimaud, the tourist sights are also plentiful. From the seaside resorts longing the coast, such as Saint Tropez, Saint Raphaël, Ramatuelle and Saint Maxime, to the charming villages lost in the mountains of Provence, the gorges of the Verdon and the water park of Marineland in Antibes, tourists are spoilt for choice if they want to make an excursion.